Last weekend was historic for our congregation. With God's faithfulness as our net, we now take a leap of faith and launch into a new and exciting season in the life of our church. I have never seen a group of people more excited. What a powerful moment it was to have 13 of the 14 surviving members who were a part of our church in the original North Street building lead the covenant moment of raising our Ebenezer stones. We carry the legacy of this congregation and its commitment to Jesus Christ as we move ahead.
All week, we have been literally a "church on the move". We've had our staff meetings and choir practice at our house. The worship band practice at Paul Ney's house. Bible Studies are meeting in homes. Area churches are opening up their doors for many other meetings.
God is showing His faithfulness in small details and in our big dreams. It is just like God...
He is faithful.
This Sunday, we will have our first worship services at Bethlehem Catholic High School. Click here for all the details, including parking. Our classic (traditional) service will be at 9 am and our modern (contemporary) service will be at 10:30 am.
What can you do to help us on this exciting first Sunday?
- Be there... And invite a friend. So many people are watching our story unfold. It's a great time to invite people to hear and experience the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Park smart... If you can carpool, please do. And if you are able, use street parking. There is only one entrance to the BECA campus (on Madison Avenue). The limited mobility lot is LOT 1 - and the first lot you will come to as you arrive on campus. Keep driving and there will be another lot -LOT 2 on the other side of the campus.
- Be patient... this is our first week and we will continue to grow into our new space. We are working to customize our spaces in the best way for our congregation - our hospitality spaces and our children and student spaces. And there are some exciting upgrades coming.
- PRAY... I believe that God has led us out into our community so more people can know and follow Jesus.
- Don't forget to bring one of your Ebenezer stones to worship this week to build our monument marking this significant moment in the life of our church. We will have some extra rocks if you missed last week.
Here we Go!
Your pastor and friend,
Dr. Marnie Crumpler, Senior Pastor
P.S. Last weekend, hundreds of you signed a letter informing the PCUSA group that you have been a part of our congregation and will continue to be. This letter, requested by the PCUSA, will insure that your personal record will be removed from their rolls and their communications. The letter is attached. You may fill it out and bring it on Sunday or mail it in to the address on the letter. We will present all the letters to the Session of the PCUSA group.
Click here to download FPCB-ECO Membership letter.